Here’s what you will learn:
- Doug’s journey from being a felon and drug addict to becoming an award-winning personal trainer, author, speaker, and business owner.
- The importance of faith
- The process of learning self-compassion
- How you can use fitness to feel better mentally and physically and transform your life
- How putting service first saved his sanity
- How to quit your bad habits and make better choices
- The power of sobriety
- Leaning on mentors and having a supportive community
- The power of positive self-talk and setting your intentions
“When pain becomes purpose, your scars begin to heal and not hurt.” — Doug Bopst
Today’s guest is proof that miracles can happen! It’s my privilege to share the story of Doug Bopst. A regular guy who, like so many, suffered in silence from depression. To self-medicate he began experimenting with drugs in his teens which quickly led to an opioid addiction. He had no ambition, no confidence, and no care for tomorrow.
After being arrested on a felony drug charge, Doug hit rock bottom. But sitting in jail, miserable, an addict, overweight, and locked in a victim mindset, he found a mentor in a cellmate. This cellmate got him into fitness and ultimately saved his life. Doug chose a different path. He decided to do things completely different and was redeemed by sobriety, faith, fitness, and family.
This is a conversation about what it was like, what happened, and what it’s like now. Doug shares his story of hope and resilience and how he conquered his demons and put the past behind him.
Doug is an award-winning personal trainer, author, speaker, and business owner featured on the Today Show, Men’s Health, Goalcoast, Fox, ABC, and Thrive Global. He has a top-rated podcast called The Adversity Advantage and is empowering thousands of people around the world to improve their health and wellness and overcome addiction.
If you want to turn your life around and transform your struggles and failures into success then this episode is your first step!
Grab a copy of Doug’s “FIVE MOVES TO WAKE UP HAPPIER THAN EVER” for FREE 👉 here
Get in touch with Doug Bopst:
- Doug Bopst|Transform into the best version of yourself!
- Instagram @dougbopst
- Twitter @dbopsfitness
Mentioned in this episode:
- Doug’s Books:
- Faith Family Fitness: Because When your F’s are in Balance, You Find yourself living a more Fulfilling and Purposeful Life
- The Heart of Recovery: Real People. Real Lives. Real Success Stories.
- From Felony to Fitness to Free: Everyone Deserves a Second Chance. Are you going to make the most of yours?
- The Adversity Advantage with Doug Bopst Podcast
- Episode #027: Embracing Sobriety: A Hangover-Free Lifestyle with Kate Bee
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast!
If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!