In honor of Alcohol Awareness Month I am excited to bring you a conversation with my dear friend Michelle Smith who is normalizing sobriety in our boozy culture.
Here’s what you will learn:
- How Michelle recognized her own harmful behavior (5:21)
- How addiction doesn’t discriminate and how reaching for mind altering chemicals to feel better is a slippery slope (12:03)
- Why confronting recovery is difficult but lifesaving (20:31)
- Myths about drinking alcohol (22:00)
- How to let go of shame, embrace change and claim your happiness (27:44)
- How alcohol keeps you from getting restorative sleep (32:19)
- Why accountability was important to Michelle sharing her story (41:53)
What did you learn from this episode? Share on Instagram and tag me at @amberlylagomotivation @recoveryisthenewblack so we can see!
If you are ready to leave your mark by discovering your message and sharing it with the world, you’ve come to the right place!! Let’s work together to build your influence, your impact, and your income! Join the tribe you have been waiting for to activate your highest potential and live the life you deserve! Jump on the waitlist for the next “Unstoppable Life Mastermind!” JOIN NOW and let us know you are ready for greatness!
Read the “True Grit and Grace” book here and learn how you can turn tragedy into triumph!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!