“I am not a problem; I have a problem.”
I love hearing powerful stories of recovery, healing, and resilience. That’s what this podcast is all about. So when I invited my friend Peter on the show to tell his story and share his wisdom, I knew it would be a good conversation.
Peter O. Estévez was born in Mexico City, Mexico and migrated to the United States at the age of 10. Peter is an entrepreneur and partner in several companies in the energy, gas and oil sector in Mexico. Peter is a philanthropist and an advocate for recovery and mental health, as well as author of From Lies To Riches. He is also the host of the top-rated podcast “Coming Clean.”
In this episode, Peter shares the power we each have to heal from trauma and addiction, break the cycle, and become the best versions of ourselves.
Here’s what you will learn:
- What it was like moving to Texas from Mexico as a child (3:05)
- How to work through the trauma of abuse (12:27)
- How Peter stopped the self sabotage and healed “the little boy” through therapy (17:24)
- Where the journey to recovery starts (24:47)
- The power of committing to break the cycle of trauma (31:53)
- How our daily rituals are different depending on who we are (38:31)
- The importance of representation in the self development space (45:14)
Screenshot your favorite part and post to your IG story and tag me @amberlylagomotivation and @peteroestevez so we can see and repost to our stories!
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!