“The key is a personalized approach to your child.”
I know keeping our kids, our families, and ourselves healthy during this pandemic has been a top priority. It’s also been overwhelming at times to figure out how to do that. I am delighted I got to interview an expert in children’s and family health to teach us the best ways to do this.
Dr. Song is a Stanford-, NYU-, UCSF-trained holistic pediatrician. She founded Whole Family Wellness (formerly Whole Child Wellness), an integrative pediatric practice in Belmont, CA – one of the first and most highly regarded holistic pediatric practices in the country. She created Healthy Kids Happy Kids – dedicated to empowering parents to take charge of their kids’ health … naturally! She is a holistic pediatrician, integrating conventional pediatrics with functional medicine, holistic nutrition, homeopathy, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and essential oils. She is also a lecturer for the Center for Education and Development in Clinical Homeopathy (CEDH), Academy for Pain Research, Institute for Functional Medicine, and Holistic Pediatric Association, among others.
This conversation is full of so many excellent tips, resources, and advice, I encourage you to listen all the way to the end to get all of Dr. Song’s recommendations. We can create good health, even in a pandemic.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Elisa’s upbringing and what inspired her to become a doctor (1:05)
- How she feels and her advice about the vaccine (7:56)
- The tools she offers to be more resilient with the stress of the pandemic (14:31)
- How stress affects our children and how to teach them to navigate stressors (18:41)
- What the vagus nerve is and all it does for us (24:31)
- How Elisa managed with two of her children contracting COVID (33:41)
- How to teach yourself and kids diaphragmatic breathing (42:52)
- How social media and video games are designed to be addictive (47:51)
Screenshot your favorite part and post to your IG story and tag me @amberlylagomotivation and @healthykids_happykids so we can see and repost to our stories as well!
Get in touch with Dr. Song:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Belly Breathing Song | Esme & Roy – YouTube
- Kids meditation – Square Breathing
- Free Guided Meditations | Stop, Breathe & Think
I have some exciting news and hope you will join me for these events!
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!