“It’s all in the bounce.”
It’s CRPS Awareness month and that means I’m shining a light on what it means to live – and thrive – with chronic pain. I took some extra time on this episode to share my own experiences with chronic pain, as well as answers some of the questions you asked on social media. Then I have a powerful conversation with one of my fellow CRPS Warriors and close friends, David Seward.
David is a father of 4 wonderful sons who have done everything they can to help get him get through his ongoing battle with CRPS-Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. His world was turned upside down in September of 2013. He went in for a simple outpatient procedure and he woke up with intense pain and no feeling below his waist. He blogs about his journey and spreads inspiration and encouragement.
This conversation is one I hope you share with anyone in your life who experiences chronic pain and needs a little love and support. Spreading the awareness and building support is more important than ever.
Here’s what you will learn:
- What CRPS is and why it matters (1:30)
- How to understand what chronic pain is if you’ve never experienced it (4:50)
- Why you can’t wait for a cure to live your best life (16:30)
- How to build a great support group around you (21:05)
- How to manage chronic pain (25:05)
- Raising CRPS awareness and coloring the world orange (42:12)
- The financial toll of CRPS for David and resources for financial aid for CRPS(51:21)
- How he adjusted to using the spinal cord stimulator (56:26)
- How other personal journeys can inspire us personally (1:02:25)
- How to manage CRPS flare ups and still do the things you love (1:07:43)
- Turning pain to purpose(1:12:38)
- How support can change your journey for the better (1:18:24)
Get in touch with David:
Mentioned in this episode:
- EP 8 with Dr. Peter Abachi
- EP 16 with Philip Robert
- EP 34 with Dr. Katinka Van Der Merwe
- Amberly’s TEDx talk
- Hiitide Book Club
- RSDSA: Helping Those Affected by CRPS/RSD For More than …
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!