“Great relationships don’t happen by accident–they take commitment, hard work, and GRIT.”
Today we’re talking about relationships — the best parts and the hardest parts and everything in between. I am so excited for you to hear from this incredible couple, Kathryn and Jon Gordon, who share how to find the strength you need to confront your past, overcome adversity, and change for the better to improve yourself and your relationships.
Jon Gordon’s best-selling books and talks have inspired readers and audiences around the world. His principles have been put to the test by numerous Fortune 500 companies, professional and college sports teams, school districts, hospitals, and non-profits. He is the author of 20 books including 8 best-sellers: The Energy Bus, The Carpenter, Training Camp, You Win in the Locker Room First, The Power of Positive Leadership, The Power of a Positive Team, The Coffee Bean and his latest Stay Positive.
Jon and his tips have been featured on The Today Show, CNN, CNBC, The Golf Channel, Fox and Friends and in numerous magazines and newspapers. His clients include The Los Angeles Dodgers, Campbell’s Soup, Dell, Publix, Southwest Airlines, Miami Heat, The Los Angeles Rams, Snapchat, BB&T Bank, Clemson Football, Northwestern Mutual, West Point Academy and more.
Kathryn is a businesswoman, movie producer, sales expert, actress, model, real estate investor, mentor, and writer and supermom. Jon and Kathryn just wrote a book together, Relationship Grit, and it’s a must read if you want to have lasting and meaningful relationships.
It is so special to hear from both Jon and Kathryn about relationships — with real examples in real time. I know we can all learn and expand our mindsets about our most important relationships by listening to them. Their G.R.I.T. principles will inspire you and motivate you to emerge stronger together.
Here’s what you will learn:
- How Jon and Kathryn met, started a family and got through some of the most challenging times(3:21)
- How to manage family life and work life balance(11:13)
- Staying together through sickness and recovering from breast plant illness(16:24)
- How they’ve broken grit down to four principles (22:12)
- Infidelity and forgiveness (27:32)
- How they manage to keep the passion flowing and stay connected as a couple (33:41)
- How relationship grit will allow you to stay together and experience more joy, connection, intimacy, and love (37:23)
Get in touch with Jon and Kathryn:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Relationship Grit by Jon Gordon and Kathryn Gordon
- Jon Gordon | TEDxHilliard – YouTube
- Get your FREE Action Plan Download at RelationshipGritBook.com
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!