“You control the food, not the other way around.”
If you’ve been trying to figure out how to help your immune system and your overall health during the pandemic, this episode is exactly what you’re looking for. I got to talk with Dr. Lori Shemek, who is an expert on what inflammation does to our bodies, and how to manage it for optimal health.
Lori Shemek is well known as a pioneer in creating global awareness of low-level inflammation and how it is the underlying cause of most illness, disease, faster aging and weight gain. She has been sending out the message about inflammation long before it was a buzz word.
Dr. Shemek is an award-winning, bestselling author of How To Fight FATflammation!; The Ketogenic Key; Beginner’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting and Fire-Up Your Fat Burn! She is a leading health and weight loss expert and also known as “The Inflammation Terminator.” She has made it her mission to help clients lose weight and educate the public on the toxic effects of certain foods and lifestyle choices and how they create inflammation in the body resulting in weight gain. She is a leading authority on inflammation and its role in weight loss, preventing disease and optimizing health.
This conversation is a great reminder for those of us who have been trying to eat for longevity, and it’s also a great place to start if you are just beginning to learn about how to create a diet that supports your best health. I love how Lori explains the truth behind food, and how each of us can improve our health through our own informed choices.
Here’s what you will learn:
- How Lori turned a tragedy into triumph and her passion for health and wellness was born(1:58)
- How the deep desire to make others better informed her career (5:41)
- The importance of reengineering your environment around food (11:23)
- The bliss point that food engineers come up with to keep people addicted to foods that aren’t healthy(12:35)
- The most common processed foods with sugar in them and what you need to avoid at all costs(15:56)
- The definition of “leaky gut” and how to fix it before it creates havoc on your health(19:13)
- How we can reverse fat-cell-inflammation “fatflammation” so you can look and feel better(25:12)
- How silent inflammation works and if it isn’t stopped can make you sick (30:41)
- What targeted supplements help as you stay youthful and vibrant (41:31)
- The different books Lori has written about inflammation and how they can change your life(47:31)
- How intermittent fasting works and the benefits that are life changing in the way you look and feel(52:51)
Get in touch with Dr. Lori:
Mentioned in this episode:
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast! If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!