This episode is packed with nuggets of wisdom that will change your life and the world for the better if taken to heart. I had the honor of sitting with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and was filled with hope for our future.
At age 15, Eric Adams was beaten by police. This traumatizing incident inspired him to become a police officer to help reform NYC policing from the inside. He co-founded “100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care,” an advocacy group that rose to nationwide prominence speaking out against police brutality, racial profiling, and departmental diversity. He served 22 years on the force and retired a highly respected Captain.
We recorded this episode one week before the death of George Floyd and I feel we need Eric’s guidance more than ever right now. Eric is what I call a real-life superhero who is creating real reform and real recovery. He traded in his blue uniform for a blue suit when he was elected to the New York State Senate and has earned widespread praise for creating innovative programs on issues ranging from conflict resolution to child abuse prevention.
What touched me most when talking with Eric was his kind heart and his passion for helping others. He is on a mission to serve and strengthen his community and shares how change is possible and hope is available. You can get through the toughest times, handle the most painful experiences, become more resilient and create a safe community. Eric shows us how!
Here’s what you will learn:
- Eric’s pivotal experience with the police
- How you can turn your pain into purpose
- How to develop a never give up mindset
- Being your own advocate for your health and wellbeing
- The power of community, giving back, a support system, and the social bank of life
- How to process trauma instead of ignoring it
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes
- The life-changing benefits of a plant-based diet
- How to create reform and strengthen your community
- The astonishing power of words and how they can change your life
- Taking the time to get to know yourself and transforming your mind, body and soul
- Eric’s 100 point system
- Being driven by purpose, being in the present and enjoying the journey to the destination
- Resilience–recovering from COVID as a country
Get in touch with Eric:
Unlock your highest potential and start living the life you deserve!
Read the True Grit and Grace book here and learn how you can turn your tragedies into triumphs!
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast!
If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!