009: Overcoming Grief with Love with Pina De Rosa
Grief is like the ocean; it comes in waves, ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes the water is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim. -Vicki Harrison
If you are struggling with any kind of grief, learn how to swim when you listen to this week’s episode where I had the honor of sitting in with Pina De Rosa who shares her experience, strength, and hope.
Whatever the cause of your grief, know that there are healthy ways to cope with the pain in your heart. And in time, ease your sorrow, find new meaning, and little by little let go of your loss…but never of love.
So how do you heal when you’ve experienced grief?
In this episode, Mindset Effectiveness Expert, Pina De Rosa, joins us to talk about how to cope with grief in a healthy way, how you can strengthen your resilience, and turn your private pain into purpose.
Pina De Rosa is a two time TEDx speaker, Award-Winning Producer, Author, and International & High-Performance Coach. She has been designing and delivering engaging keynotes for over 15 years. And has been nominated for the Los Angeles Business Journal Women Making A Difference 8 years in a row (2010-2017).
Pina has experienced grief in her life and having lost 2 dogs in 13 months, she definitely understands the devastation of losing a fur baby. With this experience, she has learned how to overcome adversity and shares her tips and tools with thousands globally. She is a Certified Pet Bereavement Counselor and created Life According to Wellington, bringing food and blankets to the homeless animals living out on the streets.
In this conversation, you will learn helpful coping skills to navigate your deepest heartbreak, how to prepare for the after-care, and some helpful resources to help you along your healing journey.
*If you’re in pain, I want you to know that you don’t have to go through this experience alone. If you know someone who has lost a pet, I encourage you to invite them and go to Pet Bereavement counseling for support. You can access it here 👉 PBCS
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Pina’s journey of healing
- Symptoms of PTSD
- How to feel safe in the world
- How to live with grief
- Finding proper support
- What to say to a friend or anyone who is experiencing grief
- Things that you should do and not do when your friend’s pet passes away
- How to turn your pain into purpose
- The impact of grief
- Ways to let yourself heal
Get in touch with Pina De Rosa:
Books that helped Pina coped with her pet loss:
- The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping with the Grieving Process When a Pet Dies by Wallace Sife Ph.D.
- Until We Meet Again, From Grief to Hope After Losing a Pet by Melissa Lyons
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand by Megan Devine
Pina’s TEDx Talk:
- Sniffing Out Cancer: The Making of a Groundbreaking Documentary About Early Cancer Detection
- Choices…Choices…: Pina De Rosa at TEDxPasadena
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Additional Resourced from Pina De Rosa:
- Pet Bereavement Counseling & Support
- #MissionWellington Philanthropic Legacy
- What does #MissionWellington do?
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast!
If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!