015: Softball, Glory, and God’s Story with Leah Amico
Some of the greatest lessons in life are taught through sports–teamwork, endurance, grit, perseverance, sacrifice, the mental game, facing fears, trust, and patience.
In this episode, I sit with three-time Olympic softball gold medalist Leah Amico as she shares her humble story of perseverance, sacrifice, faith, and victory. She was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, featured on a cereal box and in several sports-related books. She is also a motivational speaker who travels all over the world teaching others leadership, mental mindset, and goal setting. Leah is also the author of the 31-Day Devotional, “Soft Ball, Glory, and God’s Story,” where she shares inspirational stories to remind players to live for the God who gave them their gifts and talents.
Learn how you can rise up from adversity, as she shares tools and tips on how to be resilient, and the wisdom she learned from being in sports!
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- Leah’s story growing up and when she started playing softball
- What led Leah to achieve the medals and awards she has now
- The importance of work ethic and being coachable
- The battle of mental strength
- How Leah built her confidence
- Balancing your schedule and focusing on your main priorities
- Gut check
- Leah’s 31-Day devotional book for softball players
- Life lessons from sports
- Leah’s tips on how to be resilient
Get in touch with Leah Amico:
- Grab your copy of Leah’s 31-Day Devotional: Softball, Glory & God’s Story 👉 here
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast!
If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!