010: Living Your Healthiest Healthy with Samantha Harris
We are starting a brand new year! And I can’t think of a better way to start 2020 than to speak with today’s guest, Samantha Harris. You may know her from the hit TV show she co-hosted, “Dancing with the Stars,” that has been watched by millions. She has also appeared on “Entertainment Tonight,” is an Emmy award-winning journalist, and the bestselling author of “Your Healthiest Healthy: 8 Easy Ways to Take Control, Help Prevent and Fight Cancer, and Live a Longer, Cleaner, Happier Life.”
Samantha is a cancer survivor and thriver, healthy living advocate, a certified personal trainer who has appeared on several magazine covers and she is an unstoppable optimist. She and her husband founded “Gotta Make Lemonade,” which is an online community to inspire positivity in the face of adversity.
In this episode, Samantha gives practical advice to empower you to eat better, boost your positivity, and build your resilience.
In This Episode You Will Learn About:
- What inspired her to be her healthiest and it will inspire you
- The fat-free craze as a marketing ploy
- How Samantha dealt with her breast cancer diagnosis
- The importance of having a positive body image
- Finding the positive even when you are facing difficult situations
- Loving your post-surgery body
- Getting your libido back after trauma
- How physical fitness puts you on a subconscious level of confidence
- The power of endorphins
- More about Your Healthiest Healthy book
- Knowing the “why” behind our choices and empowered consumers
- “Crowding out” your gut to control cravings
- Different ways to have access to “clean products”
- To reach your healthiest healthy, you should be doing something that is manageable. Small steps to make changes lifelong.
- Intermittent Fasting as a way for our bodies to rest, recharge, repair
- A quick change to live a healthier life
- Bonus!!! The first three people to sign up for Samantha’s webinar get a free swag bag!
Get in touch with Samantha Harris:
- Website @samantha-harris.com
- Instagram @samanthaharristv
- Facebook @SamanthaHarrisTV
- Twitter @samanthaharris
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Your Healthiest Healthy: 8 Easy Ways to Take Control, Help Prevent and Fight Cancer, and Live a Longer, Cleaner, Happier Life
- Gotta Make Lemonade
- Environmental Working Group
- Your Healthiest Healthy Live Webinar
Thank you for joining us on the True, Grit, & Grace Podcast!
If you find value in today’s episode, don’t forget to share the show with your friends and tap that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
You can also head over to amberlylago.com to join my newsletter and access free downloadable resources that can help you elevate your life, business, and relationships!
Want to see the behind the scenes and keep the conversation going? Head over to Instagram @amberlylagomotivation!